Sunday, March 24, 2013

Tasting-Tilia Malbec


Tilia Malbec

Variety: Malbec
Region: Eastern Mendoza and Uco Valley
Country: Argentina
Year: 2011
Price: $9.95

Tasting Notes: "Tilia Malbec has a dark, blackish purple color. The nose offers ripe black fruits, black pepper spice and floral notes. The mouthfeel is full yet soft and supple, with black raspberry and currant flavors mingled with notes of sweet spice and a touch of leather. The finish is long and persistent with soft, sweet tannins."

My review: This wine had a huge nose when I poured it. I could smell the plum and blackberry from a few feet away. I was very excited because it was my first Malbec and I thought with a huge nose I would get huge flavor as well. It was a nice dry red because it wasn't too dry and it had a nice acidic finish. Some tannins in the back of the mouth, but not overly complex. 

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment