Thursday, March 7, 2013

Tasting-Unoaked Moscato

Simply Naked Unoaked Moscato

Variety: Moscato
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2011
Price: $6.99

Tasting Notes: "Simply Naked wines reveal themselves as they really are, without being hidden by the flavor of oak. Our winemaker has chosen not to oak age the wines, allowing the crisp fruit flavor and the true varietal characteristics to shine through. Simply Naked Moscato is a sweetly balanced wine with floral notes and peach flavors of orange marmalade, peach and honey."

My review: I was eager to try another unoaked wine after I enjoyed the unoaked chardonnay so much, but this one failed to impress me. I think the fact that it was a moscato made the lack of complexity, due to being unoaked, very apparent. The sweetness combined with the lack of acidity fell flat. It was smooth but almost heavy in my mouth. This is not to say that it is a poorly made wine, I just didn't care for the unoaked moscato flavor.

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment