Saturday, March 2, 2013

Tasting-Amusant Bubbly Pink Moscato


Variety: Moscato, a small blend of other reds
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: Non-Vintage
Price: $5.99

Tasting Notes: "This is a bubbly wine that's made primarily with Moscato grapes, so its aromatic bouquet greets you with every sip. The wine's off-dry balance (meaning sweet, but not too sweet) leads to flavors of apricot, peach, bergamot (think Earl Grey tea), a touch of mint and hints of orange blossom. These flavors get a boost from the fine bubbles, and the wine concludes with a clean and crisp finish."

My review: This was an interesting moscato because it wasn't overly sweet like others that I've had before. It had the typical fruity smell and sweet taste, but not over the top like I expected. That gained huge points with me because sometimes moscatos, especially the pink ones, are too much. However, there was something lacking in this wine. It wasn't a light and crisp as others that I've had in the past. I think there are better moscatos at the same price point. 

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment