Friday, March 22, 2013

Tasting-Pinot Evil



Pinot Evil: Pinot Grigio

Variety: Pinot Grigio
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: Non-vintage
Price: $14.00

Tasting Notes: "Pinot Grigio is light-bodied, has a lovely ripe cherry nose that cascades into a smooth, velvet finish. Enjoy this wine with roasted duck, seasoned fish, rosemary garlic pork or with friends when you just monkey around.”

My review: There was a grapefruit smell to this wine and a mild citrus taste, which I enjoyed. It was semi-dry and very smooth to taste. I enjoyed this wine as a simple white. Perfect for people who want to branch out from sweet whites into more dry whites because it's not overpoweringly dry.

I tasted this with: a Cajun shrimp dip and I think that really enhanced the flavor. I think without the dip I might have noticed the lack of complexity in the wine, but the food added flavor to my palate made it more enjoyable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment