Saturday, February 9, 2013

Tasting-Wine Men of Gotham Chardonnay/Semillon

Wine Men of Gotham Chardonnay/Semillon

Variety: Blend of Chardonnay, originally from Burgundy, and Semillon, originially from Bordeaux
Regions: Southern Australia
Country: Australia
Year: 2008
Price: $5.95

Vintage Cellar description: "Gotham’s 2008 Wine Men of Gotham Chardonnay Semillon is a blend of 80% Chardonnay and 20% Semillon. It gives a moderate intensity of melon, guava, apricot and butterscotch aromas. The medium bodied palate provides attractive acidity along with plenty of tropical fruit flavors and a medium-long finish."

Online tasting review: "Delicious Aussie white. Displays great fruit and freshness - in a more Old World-style. Still plenty of juiciness and nice depth. A bargain." (KAMP82, 7/3/2011)

My review: I thought it had a very fruity smell and taste. It had a more dry taste than the Riesling we had first and an acidic finish to it. It wasn't a bad wine, but I've been discovering that Chardonnays aren't my favorite and therefore this wine didn't make an impression on me.

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment