Saturday, February 9, 2013

Tasting-Beringer Riesling

Beringer Riesling

Variety: 100% Riesling
Regions: Napa Valley, California
Country: USA
Year: 2009
Price: $5.95

Vintage Cellar description: "This wine is the perfect balance of honeysuckle and bright peach flavors. A perfect compliment to light fare, appetizers, or just sharing with friends."

Online tasting review: "Its ripe peach and apricot flavors are perfectly balanced by a touch of lemon-lime. The brightness and acidity of the wine make it very food-friendly while the enticing peach and apricot flavors make it difficult to have just one glass." (Snooth: Drink Better Wines, 09/23/2011)

My review: I thought it was a very refreshing wine that I would imagine drinking in the summer. It was semi-dry, like most Rieslings, which I liked. I definitely could pick up hints of peach in the taste but didn't catch the honeysuckle. Overall, a good Riesling for a good price!

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment