Sunday, February 17, 2013

Tasting-Charles Shaw White Zinfandel

Charles Shaw White Zinfandel

Variety: Chardonnay
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2011
Price: $1.99

Critic Review: "I decided to use this for the Turkey tomorrow, and thought I should taste it now as well. Not a lot to this wine, but then it is a Charles Shaw. The color was a pale salmon, with a nose that was not that complex, in that I only detected some rose flower and not much else. Upon tasting, I got strong cherry notes, and again, not much else. Definitely a bit on the sweet side. I think I am glad I decided to use this for cooking tomorrow. Not bad, but not good either. I will give it an 80, which may be too nice, but ah well, I'm in a good mood." (SHOGGOTHLORD, 11/23/2011)

My review: I got a very floral smell from this wine with a hint of a rose in there. It definitely had a cherry aftertaste to it but besides that there was nothing special about this wine. We talked in class about this being the "natty light of wines" and I can definitely see why. It might be good if you're trying to get into wines for the first time, but it won't last long if you continue to try better wines.

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment