Sunday, February 10, 2013

Tasting-Opera Prima Pink Moscato

Opera Prima Pink Moscato

Variety: 97% Muscat, 3% Tempranillo
Region: Castilla La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: Non-Vintage
Price: $5.95

Vintage Cellar description: "This fine sparkling presents and intense aroma of fresh berries and tropical fruits with hints of white flavor petals. Delicate bubbles caress the palate offering a silky and pleasant sweetness well balanced by a crisp, refreshing finish. Ideal on it own, as an aperitif or with all types of sweets and desserts."

Winery Notes: "The Opera Prima Charmat Muscat makes a lovely aperitif, and would pair beautifully with all of your brunch favorites."
My review: Although I am a huge fan of pink Moscato wine, I wasn't too impressed with this particular brand. I liked the Moscato at last week's tasting more and it's because last week's was more refreshing and flavorful. It still had the traditional fruity smell and light/crisp taste but I think there are better Pink Moscato choices at cheap prices.

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment