Sunday, February 10, 2013

Tasting-Sokol Blosser Meditrina

Sokol Blosser Meditrina

Variety: Pinor Noir, Syrah and Zinfandel
Region: Oregon
Country: USA
Year: Non-Vintage
Price: $7.95

Vintage Cellar description: "It's created from the finest Pinot Noir, Syrah, and Zinfandel. The taste is lush and velvety with expressive notes of raspberry and cherry. It pairs nicely with pasta and anything off the grill."

Online tasting review: "Very light and enjoyable blend of Syrah, Zinfandel, and Pinot Noir. Hints of apples and cotton candy on the palate. Slightly sour, but well balanced finish. A favorite in our house to keep on hand for an every day table wine." (Jason Chenier, 02/2012)

My review: I liked how different this wine tasted. I tried to compare it to other things I had tasted but the unique flavor made it impossible and I believe that is because of the variety blend. It wasn't as dry as I thought it would be, based on smell. I enjoyed the different flavor of this wine and would definitely drink again, but next time with a pasta or something grilled like the Vintage Cellar suggested to see how that would change the experience! 

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment