Saturday, April 20, 2013

Tasting- Mt. Monster Shiraz


Mt. Monster Shiraz

Variety: 100% Shiraz
Region: Limestone Coast
Country: Australia
Year: 2010
Price: $12.95

Tasting Notes: "Deep purple in color. Ripe blackberry and plum fruits on the nose with floral notes. Varietal fruit-driven palate, with cherry/berry fruit and spice flavors. Soft tannins compliment the fruit with mouth-filling generous finish." 

My review: This wine almost had a stale smell to me. There were hints of tobacco and vanilla on the palate. As with a lot of shiraz I've had, this wine had a hint of sweetness on the tongue immediately, which was then replaced with the soft tannic finish.This was not my favorite shiraz, but I enjoyed it and would buy it again.

I tasted this on its own and with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment